Senior Manager - Multinational Tax Accounting, Reporting and Compliance
Senior Manager - Multinational Tax Accounting, Reporting and Compliance - Open to flexible working
The GCR team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
The GCR team comprises over 225 dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Service Management, Indirect Tax, Statutory Reporting, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our Direct Tax Compliance and Reporting team work closely with the client group tax function, acting as the primary point of contact and developing trusted business relationships across the account. We provide clients with global tax insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative and business changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value. Our unique position enables the team to build a wide network across EY service lines and countries as they bring together all of the EY services and expertise available to meet their client needs. Our team work exclusively on large, multi-country compliance engagements, providing the opportunity to work with some of EY’s most complex corporate clients and giving a continued opportunity to learn and develop.
Join our fast-growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as a Tax Reporting Manager. The role will give you the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements in a tax accounting and direct tax capacity. The opportunity is for an individual with experience of group tax reporting (IFRS and / or US GAAP) to provide compliance and advisory services. You will assist clients in their quarterly and annual reporting process and have the opportunity to grow a tax accounting advisory book of business.
The tax accounting portfolio will be complimented by multi-country direct tax portfolio where you will be the client’s primary point of contact. You will be sharing insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value. You will be supported by a diverse team from graduates to partners, working on clients together to deliver insight and value. Our Belfast team is central to our EMEIA delivery team – as a Senior Manage, you will be a leader for the local team. You will have an opportunity to coach and develop the team in Belfast and internationally.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing account resourcing, budget and delivery
- Leading pursuits
- Managing client accounts and relationships
- Review of tax reporting packages
- Set and deliver the strategy for client engagements
- Connecting our clients to EY subject matter specialists
- Maintaining quality standards
- Developing and coaching the team
- Escalation for client and EY teams
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in US GAAP and / or IFRS tax accounting provisions/projects
- Corporate income tax experience (any country or countries)
- Track record of managing teams
- Strong communication skills and experience working with multi-country teams
- An ability to distil complex concepts into simple high level messages
- Organized with an ability to deliver tax accounting in a short timeframe
- Experience coaching and developing junior staff
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to manage budgets and time to deliver a quality output
- Accounting or tax qualification
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA qualified or equivalent
- Degree qualified
- Experience in corporate tax (Withholding tax is a plus).
- Experience providing tax services to a portfolio of clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and priorities work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
We are looking for individuals with a transformative mindset, people who can see past what we do today and dream up what we could do tomorrow. We want people who communicate well, work as part of a team and drive their responsibilities through to completion.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.