Assistant Vice President
Alpha Middle Office team
The role of Middle Office in the organization is to handle critical and time sensitive controls, executions and decisions within investment operations. MO teams are responsible for position management, trade confirmation and settlements, corporate action processing, collateral management, cash and position reconciliation. Many teams have direct contact with clients and act on their behalf while interacting with internal and external parties.
Purpose of Role:
Overall ownership – Strategy, Operations mgmt., Change mgmt., Transformation, People mgmt., financials for a functional team. Work at global level with global function heads, as also Hub, Shared Service teams/COE’s, JVs, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
Drive the execution of global as well as India hub specific initiatives at State Street. This role will require the individual to lead a team of qualified professionals, each working in their individual capacity on parallel workstreams, and partner with the different business units and corporate stakeholders within India and across the globe, to carry out operating model changes, process optimization and technology enablement activities, and to drive adequate baselining of metrics and measurement of impact.
- Own and Deliver Operating Model development & Execution
- Enable all engagement between Delivery teams & client facing teams to improve services
- Own Quality of Deliverables – KPIs, KRIs, management of exceptions
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Actively manage executive global stakeholders across Global HUBS, Global Delivery and Global Services
- Track accurate and timely completion of activities covered by team including but not limited to
- Manage the trade lifecycle post-execution through notification and settlement after transactions are released in THE OPERATING PLATFORM to the post execution trade dashboards,
- Match and confirm trade details with Brokers,
- Communicate trade details and instructions to Custodians for settlement,
- Communicate trade details to other interested parties and
- Facilitate resolution of issues related to trade settlement.
- Exception management, validation, verification and creation, and/or to facilitate Investment Operations Services.
Lead one or more of the MO functions, manage client experience and operational delivery including change and transformation. The role is based in India and responsible for managing delivery.
Managing new business onboarding and allied responsibilities
Shoulder new business onboarding responsibilities for various MO functions for clients using different technology platforms. This requires through understanding of MO controlled environment, associated risks and safeguards for such risks
- Partner with the business leads to deliver efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes and operating model.
- Collaborate with business SMEs to ensure execution of the changes at the business operating model and process level
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT to scope out, assess feasibility and drive the digital transformation strategy, to include aspects of automation, AI and ML.
- Conduct baselining of key metrics corresponding to all the changes, by identifying the key parameters to be measured for each implementation and partnering with business to gather adequate data.
- Manage, track and report on the progress of each initiative across functions to drive successful execution
- Assess, identify and mitigate the risk areas for each initiative and actively work on activities to report the risk to appropriate forums, escalate to management where required and drive actions for mitigation
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. Professional qualification like CA, CMA, CPA is a plus
Skills and Experience - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc.
This is a key position and requires senior leadership and advanced skills-
- Overall 16-18 years and substantial relevant experience in middle office operations, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity
- Proficient in the middle office functions like trade life cycle, treasury ops, derivatives, income, Corp actions, reference data is required
- Knowledge of Aladdin platform is desirable.
- Understanding of operational functions within middle office operations. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems
- Should have worked directly with clients and counterparties in a global context
- Should have led operations at a global level, across countries & regions
- Should have experience of end to end ownership of operations, with direct accountability on business, client and risk metrics (including losses)
- Demonstrated leadership beyond operations, working with Risk, Technology, Automation and Change groups to drive BAU and transformation at scale
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work with well with teams, particularly ones that span different reporting lines, cut across multiple functions and geographies
- Proven leadership skills as well as managing and developing a high performing operations teams
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals through expense discipline and headcount management, experience on investment decisions is desired
- Proven ability to generate innovation ideas, manage project pipeline and ultimately transform businesses
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and influence colleagues and virtual team members
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Should be open to work in EMEA and/or North American shift hours as needed by the business
Required Competencies - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
List the top 3 competencies that is required for this role
Client Focus & Consultation - Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations
Manage Execution & Effective Communication - Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
Leverage Talent Globally - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce while understanding different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfill business strategy
Ability and willingness to support middle office operations for clients/markets spread across different global regions.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.