Finance Analyst AP & GL
Carry out tasks for the smooth operation of KPMG LG Finance AP & GL Operations. Support in the consistent implementation of controls and best practices, policies and processes across the finance function. Facilitate the day-to-day operations in regard to Accounts Payable and Operations. The role will encompass both local and cross-border responsibilities allowing you to work closely with other professionals within the Lower Gulf and KPMG Internationally.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out tasks set out for day-to-day AP & GL operations Finance duties across LG.
- Carry out instructions and work towards producing results accurately and on time.
- Work to achieve results in collaboration with Finance & ITS.
Accounting & Controls
- Process all the Inter-company transactions with efficiency and accuracy.
- Adhere to the reconciliation cut off dates as per the Finance monthly calendar.
- Report reconciliation findings to Head of Operations.
- Prepare the journals for loan / invoice discounting related transactions / interest accruals and post them.
- Prepare loan summary and submit to Treasury.
- Maintain intercompany accounting related internal controls; ensure robust account reconciliations.
- Process and adhere to compliance for Bank Guarantees
- Review PRO expenses and book them appropriately using the BOT.
- Monitor corporate credit card transactions
- Perform daily reconciliations of bank accounts
- Daily booking of the bank statements
- Identify and clear accounting exceptions and mismatched items
- Investigating any unmatched items and any reconciliation differences.
- Verify expense tagging and process remedies
- Post prepaid expense amortisations
- Carry out invoice processing checks
- Keep abreast of emerging accounting and reporting standards. Support the implementation of new accounting pronouncements as required.
- Assist the Finance team on any initiatives, projects, compliance and governance or systems implementations.
- Analyze recurring issues and assist in developing process improvements
- Identifying weaknesses in the processes and helping to find solutions to rectify them
- Follow structure and process for monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare periodic analysis of internal controls, document and identify areas for improvement.
- Follow policies and processes required to increase controls.
- Deliver work to the highest standards and quality
- Readiness to go extra mile to avoid mistakes and produce new opportunities
Required skills and knowledge for the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines.
Knowledge / Technical Skills
Knowledge / Technical Skills required (including the level) for the role
- Control focus and mind-set at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the information, identify the problems, and work towards finding the solutions
- Thorough understanding of Accounts Payable and Bank reconciliation function.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office required; Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Current IFRS/GAAP knowledge.
Education / Work experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA in Finance or Professional accountancy qualification a plus
- Experience in a multicultural / multi-national work place
- Member of a recognized accounting body (CPA, CA, ACCA, etc.)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably in a professional services organization
Conditions and working environment
- The employee will be expected to perform the essential functions of the job under normal working conditions and standard business working hours
- The employee must have the flexibility to work overtime beyond the normal work hours such as on evenings and weekends if necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to undertake business travel regionally and globally as required