Transfer Agency, AVP
Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management of the department. You will be expected to direct and plan the department’s activities with a major focus on department strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction.
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered to the customer. Drive procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the business
- Responsible for the ownership and management of vendor, audit and regulatory body relationships, as required
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Assist more senior colleagues and deputise in their absence
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Using corporate management tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the department and work in partnership with Risk, Compliance and Audit representatives to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and manage it appropriately
- Review client contracts / agreements, fund documentation e.g. Prospectus, Trust Deed, Instrument of Incorporation etc.
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
What we value
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have 8-10 years experience in a similar environment including at least 3-4 years in a management capacity. Candidate will lesser experience may also be considered.
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.