We are now recruiting for a fully qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent Finance Manager who will be responsible for key aspects of Accounting and Controlling Team. You will build a strong financial team.
Global market leading consumer focused business based in Surrey.
- Drive monthly and quarterly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines.
- Upload monthly and quarterly financial information, own and oversee the balance sheet reconciliation, including monthly inter-company reconciliation with head office.
- Leading and responsible for Accounts payable and receivable teams together with supervision of treasury and financial accountants.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of certain Balance Sheet accounts, including inventory, accruals, prepayments, deferred income (IFRS 15) and fixed asset (IFRS 16) registers for the company.
- Ensuring the company meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits and tax (direct and indirect) reporting.
- Developing relationships with external contacts such as auditors, banks, and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Create new internal accounting corporate policies, maintain existing policies and continuously evaluate the effectiveness and compliance.
- Continuous process views and improvement.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Supporting corporate projects
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partner and Operational teams to ensure that the results are fully understood and owned within the company.
- Proactively drive cost savings.
- Training and development of the accounting and controlling team members.
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the head of finance, CFO, and the wider business.
- Fully qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA, or equivalent qualification
- Education and background in Accounting or Finance
- Previous experience as a Finance Manager
- Strong technical accounting ability, analytical and good research skills
- Previous experience of managing and developing staffs
- Advanced systems skills including excel and experience of working with an ERP system (SAP preferred).
- Accurate and thorough data management
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Accuracy and organized approach on issues
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player and ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
Salary of £65,000 - £75,000 plus car and package