Operational Risk Controller, VP #205879
Quality Assurance Review Manager
The CFO Risk & Control Office Quality Assurance (QAR) team acts as the 2nd Line of Defense to ensure an effective control environment over the overall adequacy of the firm’s financial statements. Quality Assurance Review (QAR) is an integral part of the overall GLAO and SOX 404 Approach and Framework for Credit Suisse. The QAR process is in place as an independent integrity check over the Account Ownership sign offs and the SOX documentation and tests of key SOX controls. QAR function is responsible for regular testing the controls surrounding the Account Ownership sign offs and SOX Controls in accordance with the company policy and guidelines (GLAO/Account Reconciliation Policy, SOX 404 guidance, QAR Guidance, Accounting policies & guidance etc.). The team operates independent of the day-to-day Account Ownership and SOX Control performance and focus primarily on Group Finance, Product Control, Investment Bank, Wealth Management, HR, GBSS, Tax etc.
Valuation in Resolution Manager
As a Global Systemically Important Bank (G-SIB), Credit Suisse Group AG (CSG AG) and Credit Suisse AG (CS AG) must develop and implement capabilities that support the production of complete, accurate and timely reporting in compliance with ViR Requirements. Valuation-in-Resolution (ViR) requirements mandate reporting of a point in time assessment for balance sheet, capital and liquidity, and projections over a forecast period. ViR requirements also request an outline of restructuring options that could be used in a stress scenario. All reporting is required by FINMA within a 5 day timeframe from the initial request.
As a team lead your responsibility would be to:
- Supervise the team members in executing the QAR plan and ensuring the QAR activities are performed as required and in line with the methodology which includes walkthrough meetings with Account Owner and SOX Control Owner team, gaining understanding of the controls over Account Ownership sign offs and SOX Control performance and assessing the adequacy of the same, reviewing performance of sample/ transaction testing, compliance against Credit Suisse policy around Account Ownership and SOX 404 Framework
- Ensure the QAR plan is monitored and tracked and is closed within the prescribed timelines
- Review the work that has been performed including, applicable report procedures, work papers, processes and controls documenting and raising any identified issues/gaps as part of QARs.
- Review, the analyzed and documented testing results in the QAR report. Conduct subsequent follow ups on those issues/recommendations that where formally raised as a result of the QAR and ensure these are remediated appropriately
- Prepare and be responsible for communicating QAR reports within the Global Steering Committee meetings on a monthly basis
- Actively participate and drive certain projects to be carried out on the enhancement of the QAR framework that includes aspects related to Overall Governance, Key Controls Documentation, Thematic reviews, Data Governance, Policy enhancement, Risk Appetite etc.
- Liaise with Multiple senior partners globally (including Global Operations, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer etc.) in driving the framework enhancements
- Drive projects on building dashboards, enhance and expand the Monitoring metrics suited for various types of stakeholders including data providers. Further collaborate closely with IT teams to establish a well-articulated business requirement as well as ensure appropriate execution
- Support preparation of Intra month Balance Sheet (IMBS) GLAO process by ensuring the IMBS GLAO Runbook/Test cases are uploaded to Octane, updating the Account Scoping file, making ownership changes requested by Functions in IMBS GLASS. Perform checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in GLASS
- Support completion of the IMBS GLAO process by responding to queries raised by business, directing issues to the appropriate team for remediation
- Report to ViR of key information during the IMBS process including Runbook activity sign-off in FCM, Test case completion in Octane, and raising of any defects in Octane
- Prepare the MRC report using Qlik Dashboard for Senior Management review and perform control checks for accuracy and completeness
- Perform IMBS GLAO control testing and sign-off in MARCS after the IMBS process has been run
- Support initiatives around GLAO enhancements including UAT testing
Your future colleagues
CFO Risk and Control Office is the financial guardians of the bank’s policies and procedures for GLAO sign off and SOX self-attestation. Our team is dedicated, hardworking and used to work independently as well as collaboratively. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Chartered Accountant with 12+ years of proven experience in Internal/External Audit function with preferred experience in Big4 or banking/financial services industry
- Strong background and understanding of banking controls and financial services industry, preferably US GAAP and SOX 404
- Expert analytical skills as well as strong attention to details
- Outstanding communication and team-member management skills, especially since the role warrants collaborating closely with very senior management across divisions and departments
- Ability to influence senior management and senior team members with the quality assurance related recommendations
- Ability to undertake projects and drive them to conclusion
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines by organizing, prioritizing and having the ability to manage multi-tasking
- The ability to rise to many different challenges that the job may throw up; make steps to problem solve, act appropriately, responsibly and mitigate risks at all stages
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Experience in Data Analytics and query building tools such as R, Python etc. will be an added advantage
- An ambitious, result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.