Assistant Manager/Manager - Treasury
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our EY Global Treasury Services Team is looking for talented treasury professionals at all levels to deliver insights and services to our most high profile global and Irish clients.
We are interested in meeting self-motivated candidates with an inquisitive mindset who are looking to take the next step in developing their treasury career. As part of the EY Global Treasury network, you will support the development of client opportunities and build relationships throughout the world gaining valuable experience along the way. We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding of the role treasury plays in an organization who feel ready to develop that understanding on a deeper level in combination with their clients.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager / Manager within EY's Global Treasury Services team, you will have the opportunity to support us in growing the team and building a business focused on serving Treasurers and Global Organisations at all levels with their most complex business challenges. With guidance from senior members of the team, you will be typically engaged to undertake the following:
- Work with clients across their treasury function to deliver best in class procedures and policies identifying any gaps or enhancements to make the function more effective.
- Benchmarking clients against peers and sharing insight led practical advice with our clients.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of engagements including Treasury Operating Models, Treasury Management Systems, Managed Treasury Services
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Where qualified, provide specialist treasury accounting support to clients and external audit teams (derivative valuations, hedge accounting, IFRS 9/FRS 102 accounting treatment, application of impairment model etc.) from planning through to reporting
- Build strong internal relationships across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused solutions
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset; specifically, the ability to assess business practices and articulate gaps and opportunities for improvement compared to typical industry practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to explain and facilitate understanding of complex matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain specialised concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong initiative to work independently
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Professional qualification (s)- the candidate must be professionally qualified such as ACA, ACCA, ACT, AMCT or have significant industry based experienced required for role.
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience working in a Corporate Treasury environment (i.e. Big 4, Corporate or Bank) or a Treasury management and/or risk systems software vendor
- Treasury accounting - understanding and experience of Treasury accounting and valuations of Financial Instruments (IFRS, US GAAP or equivalent) including the application of hedge accounting (Treasury operations, Risk management, funding and debt management)
- Treasury operations – a working knowledge of the treasury function, financial reporting processes and internal controls
- Financial Markets – understanding of financial markets and capital structures is desirable.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with ERP and/or treasury management systems such as SAP, Quantum etc and Data analytics and visualisation software (e.g. SQL, Tableau and Spotfire).
- Have a keen interest in working towards or possess a Treasury or corporate finance related qualification (AMCT, CFA or equivalent)
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for corporate treasury and technical accounting experience — we are interested in people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative new ways, and a strong willingness to learn and contribute to the growth of the team.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.