Tax Supervisor, APAC
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- This role is part of Regional Controlling organization and is critical in ensuring compliance with US GAAP, statutory and tax requirements in countries in scope.
- The role requires understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the controlling team in managing tax and tax accounting matters.
- Act as a liaison for local tax authorities for direct and indirect tax day-to-day interactions, queries and audits.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Work closely with other finance and non-finance teams, as well as external providers, in execution of end-to-end tax processes.
- Participate in resolution of complex tax issues.
- Participate in local, regional, and global projects, as required.
- Be an advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Very good knowledge of US GAAP, particularly in the area of direct taxes.
- Good knowledge of local tax matters for the countries in scope.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified /qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Previous experience in direct or indirect tax areas is a strong plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE, Blackline and W-Desk is an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.