Business Software Analyst, Remote, Officer
Who we are looking for
The State Street’s Alpha Data team is seeking a experienced, self-motivated individual with strong business systems analysis skills, data related experience and an understanding of business intelligence tools and principles to partner with business stakeholders and IT colleagues on the expansion of our ECF information delivery offering.
The successful candidate must have strong verbal, written and presentation skills, demonstrate an ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams, and collaborate with various participants for successful project outcome
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage data and risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. Several components have been developed within the ECF platform to eliminate manual processing, reduce operational risk and promote transparency into State Street’s operational processes both internally and for our clients.Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Software Business Analyst you will
- Support the Alpha Data Solutions Product Management team with detailed analysis, testing, documentation, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions
- Gather, convert and update requirements, participate in functional design sessions to develop an understanding of our Operational team’s analytical needs, key data flows and sources
- Contribute to the definition of reporting solutions and technical slolution design; support development to outline business requirements for new system features
- Perform business user acceptance testing
- Provide production support and troubleshooting for existing operational dashboards
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Familiarity with financial services, business intelligence and data warehousing principles
- Previous experience in business analysis, implementing software or data services
- Demonstrated proficiency in business writing and business process analysis
- Good problem solving and analytical skills, attention to details
- Critical thinking, issue resolution, and decision making
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology or related field of study
- Experience in SQL, knowledge of database design
- Track record of implementing effective software solutions either through AGILE or other SDLC approach in the Financial Services Industry
- Prior experience with BI reporting tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, Looker, Information Builders) a plus
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
What we offer
- Remote work from Poland
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.