PPG Manager- UKI Audit
Job Description – Manager – PPG
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The growth of the Irish firm and increasing regulation and additional regulatory oversight has created a need for a Manager in the firm’s Professional Practice Group (PPG). We are looking for a high-performing, meticulous and enthusiastic candidate to join our team of audit professionals who are building a better working world by driving thought leadership and innovation in audit quality.
The PPG team is vitally important to both our quality and growth agendas and are looking for someone who will help us to strengthen these agendas. This is a unique opportunity for someone to build their skillset of technical audit matters, including the latest cutting-edge digital audit techniques, and to develop an understanding of the EY audit methodology and risk management policies.
PPG is responsible for providing the Quality and Risk Management function within the Assurance Service Line. You will help PPG to provide our client engagement teams with support and advice to enable them to deliver the highest quality services to their clients, and to manage the risks involved in providing those services.
Your key responsibilities
- This role will place you at the heart of a high performing, agile team that is committed to helping our clients and stakeholders. Key functions will include:
- Playing a key role working alongside senior members of the PPG team on the annual engagement level and practice level inspections
- Reviewing and approving the content of third party reports (including grant claims), and the related letters of engagement as well as responding to queries from the practice in this area
- Assisting with implementing procedures and controls across a number of processes to address the requirements of ISQM1 and ensuring compliance with those requirements
- Preparing the bi-annual reporting to the audit risk sub-committee (ARSC)
- Reviewing and approving letters of resignation
- Responding to audit queries from the audit practice and assisting teams with the application of our Global Audit Methodology (GAM)
- Assisting with the documentation destruction process
- Assisting with the annual manager assessment process
- Being pro-active in identifying and driving forward initiatives which make a difference
- Adhering to and enforcing EY's risk management policies and quality agenda
- Working on ad hoc projects as they arise
To qualify for the role you must have
- CAI/ACCA (or equivalent international qualification)
- A minimum of two years’ post qualification experience working as an auditor
- Strong project management and technical (auditing) skills
- Reasonable knowledge of ISAs
- Passion for developing your knowledge of leading auditing techniques
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of and experience in applying EY GAM to audit engagements
- Existing digital auditing experience
- Proactive communication
- Strong deadline management skills
- Decisive and resolute engagement style to provide appropriate support to audit teams
- Knowledge of reporting under Irish GAAP, IFRS, Irish regulations and Irish company law
What we look for
We are looking for someone who has a breadth of audit knowledge and experience that is willing to learn the latest auditing techniques. A self-starter who can work well within a team and on their own. The role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge and looks to take on responsibility and accountability.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You will develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We will provide the tools and flexibility so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We will give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You will be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.