Manager / Senior Manager - HR & Payroll Consultancy Services - Beijing/Shanghai
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead complex transformational consultancy projects for global payroll and HR clients, with a focus on payroll transformation
- Be a transformer, create high client satisfaction through the quality of work and advice provided
- Provide assistance and support for the less senior roles leading the delivery of consulting projects, as needed.
- Assist with ensuring the on time, accurate and complete delivery of all HRP Consultancy solutions sold, while at the same time attaining the chargeable utilization target.
- Contribute to the efforts needed to scope, price, deliver, and invoice each engagement, working with local TMF partners, or third parties as necessary.
- Work with the sales team to draft proposals and engagement letters for approval
- Develop methodologies, tools and techniques for use by the team on future engagements
- Identifying and surfacing opportunities based on current market trends and the broader economical context of the industry
- Work simultaneously with other business units to ensure complete collaboration and cooperation across the HR and Payroll service line
Vision and values
- Understands, supports and is a role model for the Company’s vision, mission and values.
- Understands, identifies, and anticipates potential client issues, while being sensitive to the fact that in our business “a client’s perception is reality”. Passionate about doing their part to ensure the effective delivery of agreed solutions. Effectively communicates client feedback to all team members.
Communication and presentation
- Is an articulate, informed and persuasive communicator. Displays diplomacy and discretion in communicating with others. Monitors audience understanding and reaction, and modifies presentation method and content accordingly.
Leads and adapts to change
- Proactively identifies potential obstacles to changes. Seeks opinions, ideas and suggestions from others. Develops strategies to overcome obstacles. Demonstrates the advantages to others through actions as well as words and ensures support for change initiatives. Champions new and better ways of operating; creates an environment that fosters a reasonable level of risk taking.
Management, team work and development
- Takes initiative in helping others understand the value of working as a team. Shares information and best practices. Takes a collaborative approach. Easily approachable and not afraid to give constructive feedback, state their opinions or assist others.
- Analyzes problems by recognizing component parts of a situation. Attempts to anticipate obstacles and think ahead. Understands the facts by asking relevant questions, before making a decision. Commits to a course of action within the necessary time frame.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA), Business Administration or equivalent, with a concentration in Accounting, Human Resources, Payroll or International Business. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years work experience, either in an operational role or consulting role, having experience in both payroll and HR consultancy, operations or transformation.
- Expert knowledge in a specific area of HR and/or Payroll expertise is a plus, such as global mobility, benefits, Shared Services Center organization, Mergers & Acquisitions,…
- Experience working in an advisory practice, delivering consultancy services, and meeting billable time and revenue targets.
- Native Mandarin or Cantonese speaker.
- Strong English language written and verbal skills, with proficiency in a second foreign language a plus.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to an evolving environment
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to take on initiatives with little management oversight
- Transformational experience, ensuring benefits are realized
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior personnel, both internally, and with existing and prospective clients.
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated success as a leader, manager and team player.
- Experienced Subject Matter Expert able to lead a prospect from an initial conversation until contract closure, demonstrating commercial acumen.
- Dependable, consistent performer, with a positive attitude, and an ability to listen and work collaboratively across an organization.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and driven with the ability to meet deadlines.
- High personal standards and integrity.
- Candidate must be open to the opportunity for periodic travel, including internationally.
- Knowledge and interest in global trends, and an ability to translate these into potential impacts on clients – for example, nowadays, the Brexit negotiations, Covid-19 impact.
What’s in it for you?
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, it’s our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
Applications close: 17 Jun 2022 China Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.