Financial Reporting Expert (R&D Deal Accounting & Alliance Finance) - 12 Month Fixed-term Contract
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Financial Reporting Expert (R&D Deal Accounting & Alliance Finance) - 12 month fixed-term contract
In this role you will…
- Financial management of R&D Business Development contracts for alliances and collaborations, which will include R&D cost sharing arrangements and in-licensed compounds or technologies, as well as divestments or out-licensing income and venture capital investment funds
- Partnering with external alliance partners, internal and external auditors as well as with GSK’s R&D Finance and Business stakeholders, including the Business Development team and leaders from across R&D
- Providing finance support to various stakeholders to ensure timely and informed decision making
- Calculating cost sharing amounts for R&D alliances according to contracts
- Accounting for R&D alliances and collaborations, including accruals and prepayments, revenue recognition and intangible assets
- Providing accounting guidance to junior team members
- Tracking actual spend versus budget and preparing month-end commentary on P&L and balance sheet
- Ensuring timely delivery of monthly and quarterly reporting
Qualifications & skills:
- Finance or accounting degree
- 5 years of international experience and very good knowledge of technical accounting
- Ability to discuss professional issues with senior stakeholders
- Fluent English (min. C1)
- Good communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Mindset for quality and accuracy
Preferred qualifications & skills:
- Very good knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in audit / external financial reporting department
- ACCA or equivalent
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure within a fast-growing Finance Hub
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, home office allowance, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Co-financing of employee’s education in partnership with world leading bodies in finance education ACCA and CIMA
- 80% remote work available
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.