Portfolio Administration Associate 1
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the team Manager, the candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for Depositary duties as required under AIFMD and UCITS V regulations.
Your Manager will assign you to particular responsibilities consistent with the needs of the business. Continuous improvement is an on-going task and varying degrees of responsibility will be assigned to you in the context of any given project or initiative. In essence, you are a self-starter, capable of working within a team that will be interpreting complex problems and recommending and driving appropriate solutions in addition to escalating any issues as they arise, ensuring that there are no surprises.
The candidate needs to have a comprehensive overview of Depositary and service providers interacting with a Fund, ensuring that issues are reviewed and tracked, where necessary escalated to your Manager.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete daily/weekly other asset reviews in line with allocation
- Become familiar with all the other asset product types within remit of team
- Ensure timely and proper completion of tasks
- Become familiar with AI tools that the team can use to enhance existing processes
- Keep compliance/regulations at the forefront of your mind when completing all tasks
- Ensure proper and effective escalation
- Operate a no surprises culture - raise issues, control gaps, risks you see
- Ensure that all mandatory training is completed within the deadline and take ownership of own development by completing relevant non mandatory courses
What we Value
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Honors Degree in relevant discipline
- Relevant industry / professional qualifications an advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.