Associate Specialist, Accounting Implementation
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services LLC (“HFS”) is a top-tier hedge fund administrator headquartered in Chicago and offers premium services to the rapidly growing alternatives industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple tasks required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is preferred
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Write requirements for new back/middle office functionality, coordinate development internally and work with IT and project teams, test new functionality in the Integration environment and coordinate the release to the Production environment.
For existing clients:
- Work with HFS’ internal shared service teams to resolve accounting-related questions on how transactions should be recorded to ensure the proper accounting treatment.
- Consult with Financial Control team on other functionality/reporting requirements and coordinate build and testing with IT vendor.
- Perform discovery due diligence with clients to gather requirements, write the back- and middle-office business requirements and test code releases in both HFS’ integration and production environments.
- Partner with IT on development approach related to new functionality.
- Interact with the client during the discovery and on-boarding phases.
- Compare HFS’ initial balance sheet to the prior administrator.
- Assist with close packages during the parallel phase and transition work to servicing team.
- Partner with other NT groups to define workflows between groups
- Research technical accounting policy questions for complex client transactions or related to new accounting pronouncements and monitor changes to U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Become a subject-matter expert on HFS’ proprietary system to answer questions on functionality/capability to assist with business problem solving and year-end support for Financial Control.
- Assist with tax-related questions and system development.
- Focus on operational risk and profitability by automating manual processes/calculations and recommending procedures to improve our integration environment and corresponding testing.
- Prioritize back-office client and internal development and manage deadlines.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university required.
- CPA preferred
- Public Accounting Experience of 2-3 years in financial services preferred
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us andapply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.