Finance Analyst - Business Partnering
About the Team
TheFinancial Servicesdivision, led by the Group CFO,partnerswith all areas oftheCommonwealthBank to providefinancial control andspecialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, securityand property.
Technology & OperationsFinance is responsible for the provision of financialcontrol andmanagement services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholdersto help them understand their technology and operations costs and delivercurrent and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology & Operations Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your teamforms part of the wider Technology & Operations Finance Team of approximately 90 people andprovides business partnering and financial management services to Technology, Chief Operations Officeand Business Unit CIOs.
Key duties will include:
- Act as a key point of contact in relation to financial performance
- Maintain robust financial control through:
- Processing of month end journals and P&L analysis
- Balance sheet analysis, substantiation and reconciliation
- Process improvement, standardization and simplification
- Preparation, presentation and monitoring of annual budgets and rolling forecasts following extensive engagement with key stakeholders
- Drive insightful reporting and analysis, including presentation of month end results
- Production of discussion documents on key business issues for respective leadership teams
- Engage collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment related activities
- Positively contribute to team culture and the work environment
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Accounting and financial skills; including financial modelling and analytical
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified;
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- 2 years’ experience in Public Practice or in Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate
- Exceptional presentation with the ability to prioritise and think outside the square
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customersand communities is our number one priority.This means that we require all of our employeesto be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Pleasespeak to us if you have any questions about thisbased on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/06/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.