Core Operations, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Reporting to an Officer within Custody Operations, this permanent position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a number of the Custody team and be involved in future developments in an expanding and dynamic company.
The candidate will be expected to have experience of working as an operations manager and is required to strong operational knowledge of trade settlement, reconciliation, client servicing, process improvements and project delivery. A major focus will be on procedures and process improvement, client interaction and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of State Street.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Custody Senior Associate you will
- Ensure current workflows and procedures are executed to reduce risk and improve deliverable efficiency Proactively share new ideas to support process improvements
- Escalate any issues to manager in a timely manner providing resolution suggestions as necessary
- Understand client SLA provisions and relevant KPIs, support their delivery to ensure highest quality client service
- Promote collaboration with internal departments
- Contribute to local, regional of global initiatives/projects as necessary in order to expand network and support common objectives
- Monitor and comply with changes to the 'risk' escalation chain including communicating amendments to staff where need e.g. issues and suspicious transactions
- Manage own continued professional development, through engaging in the PPR process and attending relevant training as per the development pathways
- Proactively acts to understand client needs and identify solutions to non-standards tasks/queries.
- Perform other duties as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Share responsibility with other teams to ensure data inquiries and requests are completely and accurately resolved
- Exposure to a similar position in a fund admin / custody company would be an advantage
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Expectation of 3+ years (or equivalent) experience in the funds services industry with managerial level experience.
- Honors’ degree in Business / Financial Services or similar discipline preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.