Manager - Decision Support
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
The Group Financial Reporting & Analysis (FR&A) team provides financial support to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board. The team’s areas of focus include:
- Performance reporting – performance analysis and monthly management reporting
- Planning and forecasting – ownership of the Group’s Planning & Forecasting process, strategic and ad-hoc analysis
- Decision support – strategic projects, insight development and ad-hoc analysis
- Accounting policy and advice – specialist accounting advice on transactions and maintenance of accounting policy
- Group reporting – consolidation of Group financial results and management of reporting processes for the statutory results
The purpose of the role is to help drive the strategic agenda for FR&A. This will involve delivering value-adding, insightful reporting and analysis to the Board, Group CEO, Group CFO, Head of Group Finance and the Executive Leadership Team relating to the strategic direction and performance of the Group.
Do work that matters
- Articulate key business drivers, provide critical insights to drive debate, and deliver value-add analysis of all the Group products and businesses for the CEO, CFO, Executive Committee and Board
- Peer benchmarking analysis of CBA against their peers every 3 months
- Assist with half year and year-end reporting deliverables, including the Profit Announcement, Annual Report, Pillar 3 and Investor Relations slides
- Delivery of key insights and value add analysis, in particular analysis on the Group’s net interest margin and product yield.
- Support and manage the monthly results for the group’s key minority investments;
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Finance and Non-Finance stakeholders including Business Unit Finance Teams, Investor Relations, Treasury, Group Strategy and Risk Management
- Help drive out productivity improvements across our key Group processes
- Contribute to a strong and vibrant team culture
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Innovative and able to drive results
- Tableau and Alteryx skills preferable but not necessary
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 14/07/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.