Reconciliation and Controls Specialist
Join our community.
The successful candidate for the exciting new role will lead the financial controls, investigations, and clearance activities across Retail.
This will be covering Homes, Everyday Banking, Covid Business interruption loans and Cater Allen, supporting the Retail Account Controller on all elements of Retail Banking BAU Controls and Accounting Projects.
The difference you'll make.
- Supporting the Retail Account Controller on all elements of Retail Banking BAU Controls and Accounting Projects.
- Taking the lead on the reconciliation of Covid Business Interruption loans, associated losses, and recoveries.
- Resolving of queries from the British Business Bank, Internal stakeholders, External audit, and other enquiries as required.
- Ensuring that financial accounting controls are implemented and effectively monitored, and exceptions are cleared within the tolerances allocated.
- Running projects to help implement any process improvements identified via root cause analysis
- Managing and providing relevant MI and SME knowledge on all control account activities to stakeholders including Audit (Internal & External) and senior management
What you'll bring.
- Previous experience of working within a controls team within financial services or similar environment
- Understanding of balance sheet, P&L accounts, and related controls.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of working using own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Well established ability to influence, challenge and gain respect at senior levels
- Proven ability to interpret and document complicated processes
- A determined, resilient, and persistent approach to problem solving, constantly striving to improve processes and controls
What else you need to know.
This is a permanent role and is currently Office/Home based. You will be expected to attend the office 2 or 3 days per week.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including:Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'