Up to £60,000 (with benefits, including 31 days holiday plus bank holidays)
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation, providing residential care to older people in an environment in which they can remain healthy, happy and live their lives in the best way possible.
With over 20 years of experience in supporting people, the group currently operates 13 homes across the North West of England.
Having emerged successfully from the pandemic, the group has ambitious plans and is going through a period of change and growth. As such they are looking for an ambitious, determined and exacting professional to join their Leadership Team.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a forward-thinking individual who wants to make a real difference. Capable of supporting the CEO and the Board to drive this growing business forward, you will be a self-motivated individual who is comfortable with a 'hands-on’ role but will have the ability to contribute, where needed at a strategic level.
The role is a hybrid role with a flexible mix of home and office working. The post holder will of course be expected to attend the company’s premises at certain times and some travel will be required to other locations across the North West.
Your role will be varied and challenging and will include –
- Developing and supporting your team and colleagues across the group.
- Maintaining a culture of continuous improvement across the finance function, seeking to maximise systems and processes.
- Financial planning, forecasting & benchmarking, with regular reporting to the CEO.
- Budgeting, modelling and developing business-appropriate financial plans.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and fiduciary duties.
- Involvement in wider operational projects and innovations.
- As one of a small Leadership team, contributing to the company’s overall strategic direction.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Have previous experience working at this level in industry. Experience of working in social care/public sector/working with local authority is desirable.
- Have experience of working in an environment going through organisational change.
- Experience of implementing and improving processes and procedures.
- Be a CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified accountant.
- Have advanced reporting and MS Office skills, especially using Excel (knowledge of Power BI would be an advantage).
- Be highly proficient in the use of Sage 200.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate financial information in a way that non-financial people can understand.
- Have experience of managing a small team.
- Hold strong leading and influencing skills for team building.
- Be able to build strong relationships at all levels.
Please note you should be prepared to travel to Stockport for an initial interview with Hallidays Accountants.