Accounts Payable /Payroll
Your experience in payroll and AP are vital to the success of this role. This position plays an integral role in the organisation and requires a highly organised and skilled professional who can work collaboratively and efficiently.
Responsible for invoice processing, full function payroll and addressing any payroll and accounts payable enquiries.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Processing payment claim invoices; Following up on debtor payments and addressing overdue accounts
- Update and manage Debtors Cash Retentions & Bank Guarantees
- Preparing a range of reports including: End of Month reports; Payroll reports; weekly cash-flow reports; End of year Payment Summaries
- Reconcile Tax Liability accounts
- Process Journal Entries
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Be familiar with WorkCover and other industry insurances
- Maintain spreadsheets & review costs across motor vehicles and utilities
- Petty Cash reconciliation
- Enter & Pay Employment reimbursements
- Managing and processing the fortnightly payroll, including paying PAYG, superannuation and WorkCover responding to employee queries regarding e.g. sick pay, annual leave entitlements
- Ensure all payroll processes comply with relevant Awards/legislations
- Ability interpret Awards & EBA's
- Monitoring payroll related calculations including superannuation, tax and salaries.
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of changes and amendments to payroll related legislation, policies, EBA’s and relevant awards
- Managing employee records, leave requests, terminations and all forms of payroll duties.
- Preparation and processing of the end-to-end monthly payroll including end of financial year
- Managing all associated regulatory obligations including payroll tax, superannuation, PAYG, workers compensation and leave entitlement provisions.
- Assist the External Accountant to prepare, reconcile and post monthly journal entries and payroll budget related reports for management
To be successful in this role, you will require the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in a multiple location payroll position.
- The ability to work autonomously and be part of a team.
- A high level of computer literacy in excel, and the ability to learn new systems with ease.
- A high attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on numeracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Mindset for continuous improvement of the role.
- Organisational skills, in particular high level of attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Be deadline driven
- Adaptive communication style to ensure an open, professional and friendly manner to all levels within the organisation