Finance / Treasury Chief Data Office - Tax Data Associate
Department and Team Description
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) team works closely with Controllers, Lines of Business and Operational teams supporting Finance and Risk, as well as partnering with the Risk and Finance Technology team and the various Program Management teams.
The Finance & Treasury/CIO Chief Data Office (CDO), as part of the FAIR team, is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance, driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities. The team also drives the strategic implementation of data sourcing, consumption across consumers and operating model.
The Finance T/CIO Chief Data Office is looking for an Senior Associate who will be part of a high performing team of project and data management professionals focused on delivering the strategic Tax Data & Technology Transformation Programme.
- Partner with project leads as well as key stakeholders to set and manage project scope, implementation plan, programme plan, timelines, risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies while monitoring and recalibrating scope as necessary
- Point person for various end to end strategic initiatives to govern and execute according to agreed plans
- Understand data strategies for all CDO initiatives, including data sourcing, validations, modelling, etc
- Maintain a robust communication and governance plan, including status reporting on major milestones or risks to the project leads
- Coordinate with Tax Product Owner to provide in/out of scope feedback for inflow demand
- Understand the product release schedule; Coordinate with the Data Quality Management team to ensure shared understanding on how upcoming changes will impact DQMs
- Support team in preparing for forums to communicate status of work, including but not limited to various Working Group, Steering Committee, Data Management Council and Stakeholder Management calls
- Own the review and finalisation of meeting minutes and actions log with support from junior team members, including proactive coordination with stakeholders for resolution of overdue actions
- Own the preparation and maintenance of various project artifacts with support from project team members, including Detailed Solution Design Documentation, Support Model Documentation, Testing Strategy and Data Strategy
- Represent Tax CDO in LOB, CDO, Technology, and Finance forums to communication status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall data health
- 5+ years of program and/or project management experience required, with particular focus in Finance and/or Data space is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Agile project methodology and work environments
- Keen attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Strong experience in preparing high quality presentational materials and documentation
- Desire to submerge into the detail of a topic, issue or deliverable to understand the underlying concept
- Proven ability to lead across department and geographies and with implementing organizational change; strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
- Banking knowledge preferable
- Self-starter; proven ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Essential: High proficiency in key MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio), JIRA and Confluence
- Desirable: Understanding of a Finance / Accounting processes within Banking, with some awareness of the month end close process
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.