Finance / Treasury Chief Data Office - Tax Data Analyst
Department and Team Description
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) team works closely with Controllers, Lines of Business and Operational teams supporting Finance and Risk, as well as partnering with the Risk and Finance Technology team and the various Program Management teams.
The Finance & Treasury/CIO Chief Data Office (CDO), as part of the FAIR team, is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance, driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities. The team also drives the strategic implementation of data sourcing, consumption across consumers and operating model.
The Finance T/CIO Chief Data Office is looking for an Analyst who will be part of a high performing team of project and data management professionals focused on delivering the strategic Tax Data & Technology Transformation Programme.
- Project manage the production of core operating model (roles, responsibilities, implementation plan) to meet strategic data requirements
- Aid preparation for Steering Committees and Working Groups to coordinate project agendas
- Support Tax Product Owner to coordinate testing activities through the preparation and maintenance of test plans, test metrics and defect/test case quality monitoring in JIRA
- Support Tax Project Manager through diligent documentation of meeting minutes and actions log, including proactive coordination with stakeholders for resolution of actions
- Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e. Tax, Financial Control, Product Control and Operations) to lead consumer engagement, cross-analysing and determining efficiencies
- Represent Tax CDO in LOB, CDO, Technology, and Finance forums to communicate the status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall project health
- Support an end to end project and release cycle, inclusive of project or release scope, critical milestones, sourcing requirements, test strategy, execution and implementation checklists, and stakeholder/technology activities
- 1-2 years of project management and testing coordination experience required, with particular focus in Finance and/or Data space is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to quickly learn and understand finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Banking knowledge preferable
- Essential: Proficiency in key MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
- Desirable: Understanding of a Finance / Accounting processes within Banking, with some awareness of the month end close process
- Preferable: Experience with Agile workflows and JIRA/Confluence
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.