Join our community.
We have an excellent entry level opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in the world of finance and accounting. As an Accounting Associate you'll report into the Accounts Payable Supervisor and works with staff at every level across the Banco Santander Group. You'll work closely with the Finance Operations team providing Finance Support within the Payments and Reconciliations team.
The difference you'll make.
- Processing and payment of invoices to 3rd party suppliers, including the posting to SAP/Equation, creating of payment runs and timely clearance from the bank accounts
- Ensuring all e-mail enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner to meet the Service Level Agreement
- Responding to queries from key stakeholders such as the client, and internal/external audit
- Investigating and resolving payment queries and provide resolution to issues
- Ensuring compliance with the internal control environment and that deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ensuring up to date process documentation is in place for all key processes under your remit so that that there is a full audit trail and robust control infrastructure
What you'll bring.
- Basic MS Excel required
- Positive, proactive, energetic and with a can-do attitude
It would also be nice for you to have.
- AAT/studying towards formal finance qualification (ACCA or CIMA) or qualified by experience in Accounts Payable role
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- A good understanding of accounting processes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to work well under pressure
What else you need to know.
This is a hybrid role based between our office in Milton Keynes 2-3 days per week and working from home.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus.
- Free access to wellbeing apps and up to three weekly online classes via our partnership with Gympass.
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including:Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 26 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.