Finance and HR officer
To provide support to the CEO and the general office/service with central functions of finance and Human Resources to ensure the effective functioning of the service.
Main Duties and responsibilities
Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data
- Maintain and reconcile the accounts in quickbooks monthly to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted Carry out bank and pettycash book reconciliation monthly Verify discrepancies and resolve suppliers' and staff's invoicing / claims issues. Administer petty cash including the expenses of members of staff and volunteers. Process payments of invoices / expenses claims due weekly Generate grant income invoices as required Process incoming financial mail and invoicing to be sent out to supervisors for authorisation before payment Payment of bills and expenses via online banking once authorised Update and reconcile Fixed Asset register Manage and reconcile the petty cash float Reconciling Direct Debit and Standing Order reports and deal with any problems that arise. Liaising with the bank, team managers on expenditure, code allocation and debt management
- Prepare and maintain various reports e.g. Citizens Advice sub contract quarterly reports, various project funder reports Generate financial statements and reports for income and expenses analysis as required by the CEO Produce Bureau Financial Management (BureauFM) style monthly financial reports including journal adjustments for management and the trustee board. Annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasts Maintain an accurate aged debtors and creditors' reports monthly
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of individual details as required at all times. Follow agreed processes for filing, storing and destroying paperwork. Maintain and Prepare the accounts in accordance with Charity Commission guidelines including compliance with latest SORP Produce statistics and ad-hoc reports as required Ensure the organisation complies with relevant Data Protection legislation regarding employee records ensure adequate guidance on operation of internal financial control procedures within the office
- Support the CEO with the co-ordination of regular finance information. Complete other finance duties as required by the CEO Support the CEO in quality assurance of financial information, and the wider team in terms of invoicing, monitoring grants received and invoicing for grants. Liaise with the CEO, Service and Quality manager and payroll company to ensure payroll processing arrangements and managed appropriately Liaise with auditors to provide annual financial information
Citizens Advice Enfield Person Specification
The Successful Applicant should have the following
- The Finance Officer will have the ability and qualifications to work at the appropriate level to do the basic data entry work into QuickBooks desktop and online up to bank reconciliation each month as well as the knowledge and ability to prepare management accounts and journal entries. A positive and pro-active attitude is essential, along with strong organisational skills plus the ability to prioritise and multi-task. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are essential as the post-holder will frequently deal with external and internal customers at all levels. Excellent numeracy skills, well organised, with attention to detail. Excellent time management skills to manage responsibilities effectively, meet deadlines, and handle competing tasks and priorities. Ability to build positive relationships with a range of different people at different levels. Ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to support others. Ability to work autonomously, proactively, and without direct supervision to ensure routine tasks and projects are completed to deadline. Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, including the Office 365 suite, including Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Word and Outlook. The post-holder must be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Enfield.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in the Citizens Advice or the charity sector with grant income and projects Professional accounting qualification e.g. AAT, CIMA or ACCA 2-3 years’ experience of general finance processing and management reporting An understanding of budgetary monitoring systems. Experience of administration