Senior Manager, Payroll
Get to know the Role:
The Senior Manager, Payroll is an exciting new role that sits under our Finance team, whose mandate is to ensure that we scale our payroll processes as we grow the company.
The role will focus on ensuring our global payroll is run with timeliness, accuracy and in compliance with local laws.
The day-to-day activities:
- Ensure on time delivery of payroll across all our entities
- Own the payroll validation and bank remittance process
- Responsible for post payroll reports validation e.g. GL and Accrual reports
- Responsible for reconciliations e.g. to bank transactions
- Work closely with our People Operations team streamlining payroll processes
- Partner with other Finance teams on budgeting, funding of bank accounts, and statutory reporting
- Ensure where applicable taxes are accurately withheld
- Ensure timely payment of statutory contributions to the authorities in various jurisdictions
- Work closely with the team on set up of equity plans (e.g. RSU, stock options and ESPP) and tax withholding requirements
- Manage a team of analysts to deliver on payroll and scale their process with backup plans in place.
- Manage our payroll provider across locations to ensure timely and accurate delivery of their services
- Responsible for submitting change requests to Payroll vendor and ensuring that all ad hoc charges are kept within budget
- Serve as a point of escalation for all payroll-related matters
- Work with various stakeholders on both internal and external audits, including SOX
- Lead and support large-scale, cross-functional projects end-to-end, including system, process, data, and structural changes. Drive projects that directly impact our Payroll strategy and objectives, and drive service delivery improvements and excellence.
- Define and develop key metrics and priorities, that measure the impact and effectiveness of Payroll.
- Track SLA’s for each of the team's processes to ensure efficiency and productivity of the team.
- Ensure the accuracy of Payroll invoices against the actual Payroll process, billing and payments are coordinated with Finance for all countries.
- Maintain the GL accounts and GL reporting for all countries
- Review the Monthly Leave Accrual reporting are accurate before the submission of sftp into the Oracle Finance system
- Coordinate with all country payroll teams on all the Change Requests processes including approvals and sign-off by stakeholders
The must haves:
- Min 12-15 years of experience in leading Payroll teams in a global, fast-paced environment across multiple countries. Technology industry is a plus.
- Deep understanding of taxation and statutory requirements in South East Asian countries
- Experience in vendor management is a must
- Min of 5 years of experience in leading the design and implementation of payroll operating models, shared services models, and/or other workforce models
- Familiarity with labor regulations in South East Asian countries.
- Advanced knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to analyze data and drive data-based decisions and actions.
- Strong business acumen and a business partner mindset
- Strong Project and Change Management skills
- Passion for out-serving our people
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Strategic thinking
- Intellectual curiosity
- Be able to step out of your comfort zone, deal with ambiguity
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.