Organisation: Parliamentary Digital Service
Directorate: Finance & Commercial
Band / Grade: B1
Salary: £37,510 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid (Westminster and Remote)
Security Level: Counter Terrorism Check (CTC)
We are seeking to recruit a Management Accountant who will work as part of Digital Service Finance team of six to ensure effective management and reporting of resource and capital budgets to meet departmental strategic objective. In the exciting position you will:-
• Prepare and manage annual budget
• Report actual results against budget throughout financial year for specified area.
• Produce full monthly management accounts including accounting adjustments (accruals/prepayments) and commentary.
• Work across organisational boundaries in order to deliver with strong communication skills, including communicating complex information to non-specialist audiences:
What You Need
In order to be successful for this role you will:
- Professionally part-qualified/qualified CCAB, CIMA or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office applications
- Significant experience of budgeting and financial forecasting processes, producing monthly management accounts and associated commentary.
- Have the ability to collect and interpret financial and operational data to assess efficiency and effectiveness, undertaking analysis and reporting and making recommendations as appropriate
- Ability to work successfully within a team, whilst upholding the values of equality, diversity
- the ability to pass security clearance, backed by the right to work in the UK
About The Team
The Finance Department works closely with the management to provide professional advice and act as a control service for the financial activities of PDS. PDS Finance helps departments to meet their objectives by processing financial transactions and providing information and analysis as a basis for decision making.
Management Accountant will be working as a part of the PDS Finance Team to provide dedicated finance expertise and support to internal and external stakeholders
UK Parliament is steeped in history and tradition. It is an important part of UK life and we need to ensure as many people as possible can engage with its work. This is why we are at the start of a huge transformation programme powered by technology. The Parliamentary Digital Service (PDS) works with the Houses of Commons and the House of Lords with all their IT and digital needs.
Please refer to our Candidate Information Pack for a full list of our benefits which include:
- up to 35 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- generous maternity pay policy up to 6 months full pay
- great pension scheme options (contributory and non-contributory)
- on-site subsidised gym, nursery, catering, post office, travel office and GP
- flexible options including hybrid working and family friendly policies
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.