Associate Director - Financial Services Audit
Financial Services Audit - Associate Director
Due to ongoing growth we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expandingFinancial Services Auditteambased in Kildare. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients. The role involves providing audit and related services to companies and groups operating across a wide range of sectors, in addition to participating in the management of Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Audit group.
The financial services industry is a core focus of Grant Thornton. Our Financial Services Audit team consists of country, regional and service line leaders with a wealth of expertise. We have a client base covering Aviation, Asset Management, Banking, Fintech, Insurance and SPV’s.
By joining our Financial Services Audit department, you will work closely with our Directors and Partners and will have a real opportunity to provide a valued opinion within the team. Excellent opportunities exist for motivated and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- Identifying client needs and new business opportunities within client organisations
- Project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Supervise and train junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process
- Prepare and present business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio
- Working capital management – manage work in progress and billings
- Client fee negotiation
- Cross-business unit liaison with other teams such as tax, advisory etc.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience
- Strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential)
- Electronic auditing experience (preferable but not essential)
- Ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines
- Ability to make professional judgements based on findings
- Portfolio management experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical assessment
- Experience working as part of a team supporting others
- Be commercially aware
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous
- Candidates currently working in Industry, with the necessary experience, and who would like to return to practice will be considered for this role.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.