About the role
The National Finance Office (NFO) is hiring a Payments Assistant to join their team. The purpose of this role is to ensure the NFO function meets reporting deadlines, looking after our supplier and people expense transactions and other ad hoc tasks.
About the company and department
The National Finance Office is a team of approximately 80 people, split over various locations. They are responsible for supporting the firm with all financial aspects of the day to day running, including supplier payments and expenses, payroll, commercial finance support and financial and statutory accounting to name a few.
The Corporate Reporting team in which this role resides is responsible all supplier payments along with partner and staff expense payments.
About the job and responsibilities
The focus of this role is to support the Payments team. Responsibilities of the role include various tasks covering supplier payments, expenses and banking, examples being:
- Processing invoices received into the accounts payable system.
- Send invoices to approvers within guidelines
- Ensure invoices are coded to the correct cost centres
- Be able to check expense claims and process these on the expenses system
- Prepare and input manual Standard and CHAPS payments to the banking platform.
- Prepare and input foreign payments and transfers to the banking platform.
- Obtain required authorisation from approvers for all online payment runs.
- Complete forms for the posting of payments and ad hoc receipts to general ledgers.
- To keep line manager fully informed of the current status of work, of any problems and to provide recommendations on how these can be resolved.
- To check in detail all work undertaken so that it is error free and to complete work in a timely manner, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Understand VAT implications on supplier and expense payments
- Ensure compliance with SLA
- Undertake various adhoc tasks.
In addition, you will be required to liaise with other departments within RSM to ensure processes are being followed, therefore you will need good communication skills and will develop a strong knowledge of our internal functions to gain the insight and knowledge to produce high quality management information.
About the ideal candidate
The candidate should be organised and methodical in their approach, with a good eye for detail who is enthusiastic and a team player.
The candidate should be adaptable to change, thorough, flexible, and resilient whilst remaining accurate and helpful whilst working under pressure.
Excellent communication skills and being comfortable with computer systems including Excel is important.
- Proficient in Excel (understanding of pivot tables, vlookup, sumif etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Ideally experience with SAP Concur – expense and/or invoice, but not essential
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.