Technical Coordinator-Reconciliations Team (9 month Fixed Term Contract)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and inexperience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Technical Coordinator role will work within the Reconciliation team that is responsible for the daily reconciliation and checking of all Transfer Agency clients bank accounts including Operations and Client Money accounts.
The team is responsible for delivering daily CASS 6 and 7 Reconciliations to the Transfer Agency clients as well as to producing monthly CMAR and reviewing Investors CASS Statements.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Reviewing and signing off the External Client money and Operations Reconciliations through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Providing Quality Assured NNA and ICBM reconciliations in line with CASS 7 regulations
- Reviewing Internal and External Custody reconciliations in line with CASS 6 rules
- Delivering CASS Reconciliations within the specified Service Level agreements
- Ensuring the reconciliations tasks are processed into the workflow system accurately and timely
- Updating Procedures and ensure any CASS control is recorded in the Control register
- Reviewing CMAR reports and ensure they are produced and delivered to clients in timely manner
- Quality Assuring the annual and periodic CASS statements to ensure they are performed and any discrepancies are escalated promptly to the Investors Communication Management team
- Investigating and resolving enquiries and exceptions, communicates with various internal departments to resolve exceptions
- Providing oversight to the tasks performed by the India Reconciliations teams
- Ensuring all reconciliation breaks are cleared in a timely manner
- Assisting on the preparation of audit sampling requests.
- Maintaining relations with third parties - to include Client, internal relations with other departments and Auditors.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with other areas, such as Settlements, Dealing Box management teams and other internal areas such as the Relationship Managers.
- Making recommendations to manager on procedure changes.
- Fulfilling additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Good understanding of CASS rules specially CASS 6, CASS 7 and CASS 9 (Essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the two Internal reconciliations methods set by the FCA i.e. Net Negative Add Back and Individual Client Balances
- Good understanding of Transfer Agency processes i.e. Reconciliations, Settlements, Distributions, Registrations, Dealing,
- Demonstrated ability to review and resolve complex issues working under pressure meeting challenging deadlines Demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of Cash Management, Reconciliations processes and CASS regulationsIOC Merit award or working towards this qualification (desirable)Demonstrated ability to review and resolve complex issues working under pressure meeting challenging deadlinesPrior experience in a Customer Service roleExcellent planning and organisation skills with a flexible approach to workAbility to work on own initiativeEffective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential)Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel and ability to learn systems used within the business (Essential) including Knowledge of PS Financials (desirable)Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and the regulatory environment is highly desirableKnowledge of cashbooks and General Ledger packages (desirable)Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.