Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom; Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom; Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom; Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom; Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate and offer brilliant career paths to our staff.
Our Southern Region Corporate Tax Team services clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, and is growing. We work with companies ranging from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups, managing their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also being trusted advisors on projects work as they make business decisions. You will work as part of a local team depending on your location (e.g. Basingstoke, Southampton, Reading, Gatwick or Guildford), feeding into the regional, national and international network of corporate tax specialists at RSM. With this in mind, and RSM's desire to achieve an inspiring and fulfilling working environment which compliments individuals' personal lives, an array of flexible and hybrid working arrangements are supported.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding tax team at an incredibly exciting part of our growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
You will be an integral part of a high-performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting and expanding companies who operate in a range of sectors, such as technology, manufacturing, leisure & tourism, retail, professional services and construction to name just a few.
- Operating as a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working internally to plan the delivery of work.
- Delivering a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients.
- Addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- Working closely with your colleagues to provide value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your clients business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: Loss relief, tax relief on interest, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, capital allowances, group reorganisations, shareholder reorganisations, international tax matters and acquisitions & disposals.
- Building your external network of peers (client and non-client).
- Assisting colleagues in other departments to help them provide a high quality service to their clients and to identify tax related risks and opportunities for their clients. This will include working with our transactions team on tax due diligence projects and our restructuring advisory team on distress or insolvency cases.
- Maintaining a knowledge of the breadth of the firm’s capability as well as general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Continually improving your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients which you will be expected to embrace as part of your own development and promote by way of providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team in a confident manner.
About the ideal candidate
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA (part-)qualified.
- Background in an Accountancy Practice with good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using specialist tax software is advantageous.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.