Associate Accountant, Property (Accounts Payable) - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The position requires good experience and background within a multinational accounts payable environment and no fund industry experience is required. The successful candidate has a proven track record in Accounts Payable and can take ownership of responsibilities whilst achieving objectives. Team focus and the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment is essential. This person is proactive in resolving issues and demonstrates exemplary follow-through. They add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision while paying special attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator and works well with others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining the accounts payable payments including but not limited to:
- Invoice registration including receipt of instructions, bank account check, duplicate check, scanning and indexing of payments onto payment platform
- Vendor workflow including requesting independent verification & vendor set up on payment platforms
- Resolving queries with clients and internal stakeholders
- Investigating and resolving any payment issues
- Completing vendor validation by way of call backs
- Invoice verification including, coding of payment and requesting approval
- Payment reconciliations
- Daily reporting and process oversight
- Suggests and drives improvement projects to streamline the AP process, communicating the value of such projects with critical stakeholders in the P2P process.
- Responsible for ensuring all processes outlined within the accounts payable procedures is adhered to
- Ad Hoc expense analysis as required.
- Take up project development tasks towards process enhancement.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
- Must have a least 2 years previous accounts payable experience, preferably in a large multinational
- Advance skills in Microsoft packages, specifically outlook and excel, including pivot and v-lookup
- Must be highly organized
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Fast learner with high attention to detail
- Experience in financial services an advantage but full training will be provided.
- Work both independently through assigned tasks and collaboratively as team player
- Training and development within the fund industry will be provided
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.