Senior Treasury Accountant
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Senior Treasury Accountant
In this role you will:
- Prepare and post all required month end journals for GSK’s key Treasury companies.
- Work with Treasury to resolve exceptions.
- Prepare, review and comment on all control files to support trial balance.
- Perform full reconciliations on balance sheet accounts providing commentary and movement analysis.
- Produce year end statutory accounts in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Ensure an effective control environment is maintained with controls carried out within deadlines.
- Operate as a subject matter expert to provide support, assistance and guidance to the business as needed.
- Continually reviewing processes and systems to identify improvements and opportunities, simplifying and automating where appropriate.
- Support with financial reporting obligations relating to the Treasury finance entities at key reporting periods and ad-hoc projects.
- At least 3 years of experience in finance (desirable in audit)
- Finance degree or ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of working within a Finance function.
- Corporate treasury and/or treasury accounting (preferred)
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A strong control focus is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency