Haines Watts are looking for a passionate and highly enthusiastic Trainee Accountant to join their Aylesbury & Berkhamsted offices.
As part of the Haines Watts Berkhamsted & Aylesbury team, you will be assisting the team by providing support with bookkeeping, VAT, management accounts and statutory accounts.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
Haines Watts is committed to develop its people and will provide extensive training offering a full study package including qualification funding, study leave, college based tuition and a mentor/ buddy who will support you throughout to successfully complete your professional qualification.
As a recent school/ college leaver, you will be partnered with a 'Haines Watts training mentor/buddy' who will support you with your on the job learning journey and introduce you to the world of accounts preparation for owner managed businesses. Full training will be given and for the right candidate it is an opportunity to begin a prosperous career with excellent training and progression working for an award winning firm. With Haines Watts you will learn:
- Everything from basic bookkeeping through to preparation of accounts for review
- An introduction to Tax and the Tax system
- How to use variety of office and accountancy software programmes
- Understanding Business Structures and Finances
- Meeting and liaising with Clients
- Team Work and Time Management
- How to Value Relationships at work and in Business
- Studying toward your AAT/ATT qualification with progression to ACA/ACCA
What you will need to be;
- Punctual, presentable and with the ability communicate.
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
As well as the above you will be a school/college leaver with a minimum of 112 UCAS points attained or GCSE Level 5 or above in English Language and Maths.
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Training for a lifelong career with great prospects for you
- Study support package to suit you (on-line/classroom)
- Excellent personal development programme and career growth opportunities
- Supported on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package - gym, discounts etc
- Working and learning directly from a qualified and knowledgeable mentors
- Opportunity to progress all the way to the top!
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
If you are keen to secure a progressive role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.