Accountant | Al Futtaim Logistics | Dubai
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
We are currently looking to recruit an Accountant for Al Futtaim Logistics. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will coordinate the commercial activities of the People Transport and General Transport Department (Local and International), in order to ensure timely completion of various commercial activities.
What you will do
- Monitor the billing and direct cost for the trips, by vehicles
- Ensure the billing is done on time
- Ensure the despatch of invoices on time
- Capturing of direct cost on timely and accurate
- Control the requirement of fleet, vehicle off road vs. maintenance cost and analytical review of the spend for GT and People transport department.
- Prepare weekly/monthly business reports (Sales figures, Credit notes, KPIs), to ensure sound and informed business decisions.
- Prepare the monthly Commercial Business Report / Information Pack for the General Transport and People Transport division and issue to the management team.
- Prepare monthly business reports (Salesman-wise Report, Customer-wise Report, Top 20 Customers Report), to enable sound and well-informed business decisions.
- Prepare the RFQ and quote for the customer pertaining to GT and People transport. Preparation of Feasibility studies of new projects
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts like Vehicle Running expenses, Customer wise profitability analysis, etc.
- Analysis of the financial impact of emerging trends on business and alert business unit(s) to any potential opportunities and risks. Ensure adequate insurance and risk are covered for the cargo and vehicles moving within UAE and GCC
- Prepare adhoc business reports/analysis as per management requirements.
Required skills to be successful
- Finance or Accounting background
- 2 years’ experience in Finance includes 6 years in Freight Management and commercial &/or operation support
- Knowledge with costing and reconciliation
- Excellent communications skills
- Coming from freight industry will be an additional advantage
What equips you for the role
- Possess a Degree in Accounting or MBA, AACA, CPA
- 2 years in Finance includes 6 years in Freight Management and commercial &/or operation support
- 6 years in in Freight Management and commercial &/or operation support
- Understand the business to develop / introduce reports and have the operational knowledge to know activities fo analysing the financials.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.