Head of Tax Operations (Ireland), Vice President
Dublin 2, Ireland, Krakow, Poland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Luxembourg, London, England
Purpose Of Role
- Deliver a comprehensive and quality Tax service to Irish contracted clients including Irish Mutual Funds, Common Contractual Funds and other European Tax Transparent Funds.
- Represent the Bank externally in front of clients, regulators, tax authorities, suppliers and other parties and play an active role in promoting the Bank and the Corporation in respect of Tax Services for clients of State Street Ireland.
- Collaborate with other line and functional areas of the Bank to achieve Tax Service objectives of the Bank and of the Corporation for clients.
- Ensure Tax service offering evolves in line with client demand and market requirements.
- Manage the Irish tax team responsible for the operational delivery of Tax services to for clients in line with legal agreements, governing documentation and SLAs.
- Lead the continuous enhancement of State Street’s overall Tax service offering for Irish fund clients to ensure consistent and market leading service offering for clients across all product types and contractual arrangements.
- Review, develop and enhance the existing tax service operating model for delivery of Tax services in line with strategic direction of Global Delivery working closely with various State Street business functions in EMEA and the US.
- Ensure effective day to day BAU service delivery across all Ireland serviced clients and timely escalation and remediation of any issues as they arise and in line with Bank policies.
- Lead and manage a consistent high quality delivery of Tax services to clients working closely with GS Client Executive and Client Service teams. Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams, other State Street offices and clients.
- Support senior management from the Segment and Client Organisation on business development opportunities including role as lead tax support for RFPs and client pitches.
- Manage and govern Tax functions for Irish fund clients that have been outsourced or delegated to other State Street areas or external providers.
- Ensure all internal policies are complied with by the local tax teams in Ireland and demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behavior. Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Provide reporting for senior management and effectively escalate any risks to senior management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local State Street offices, tax advisors, industry associations and clients.
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. Industry and tax qualifications are a strong asset.
- At least 7-10 years tax & management experience preferably in a financial services organization
- Excellent people-management, operations management, communication and organisational skills
- Candidates will ideally have experience of managing a team and demonstrate leadership skills and have an ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- The candidate must be able to take ownership of initiatives or projects and be able to influence others in working groups.
- Experience in working in an environment with a strong focus on risk excellence.
- Advanced PC literacy including: PowerPoint, MS Office, Outlook