Fund Services Officer - Sydney
For our office in Sydney, we are seeking an aspiring fund accountant to join our growing Fund Services team. The successful candidate will gain a broad exposure to the Accounting and Administration of Alternative Investment Fund structures.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Keeping the funds books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, CSSF/BCL reporting, and any other funds related reports;
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits;
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise.
- You have a bachelor degree in Accounting, Audit or Economics;
- Newly qualified or partially qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA/CPAA/CIMA/ACA);
- You have 0-2 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration, audit firms or domiciliation;
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, accounting;
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, ideally with fund-of-funds, single-manager funds, and private equity funds will be considered an asset;
- You have necessary understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities;
- You are fluent in English;
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.