Financial Accountant - Oracle Reporting
Purpose of role: Working with the Oracle Transition team to achieve the successful transition to new Oracle systems from a Finance perspective and ensuring a successful transition between inventory accounting policies. Working with the BAU Finance team at period close in the preparation and reporting of periodic results.
Reports to: Finance Manager – Oracle Transition Team
Interacts with: Financial Reporting, Oracle Project Team, Tax, Treasury, Supply Chain, Buying and Merchandising, FP&A and Internal Audit
Location: Dublin Head Office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of the transition to Oracle Retail systems from a Finance perspective
- Responsible for supporting the transition to the Weighted Average Cost (WAC) method of valuing inventory
- Involvement in providing technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions in relation to the transition to WAC. Ensuring that the BAU Finance team are fully conversant in changes that may arise from this work.
- Preparation of periodic financial and management accounts from a margin and inventory perspective with a conscious effort made to understand how the transition to WAC might affect this reporting.
- Liaise with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Other ad-hoc work as it arises from both an Oracle project and BAU perspective
- Significant cross-functional working across Finance, Oracle Project team and Planning & Space
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- 1+ years’ post qualification experience (preferably in a retail environment)
- Experience in margin and inventory accounting in a retail environment a distinct advantage
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required
- Oracle Financials, Oracle Retail, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage