Alpha Business Test Manager Mitra - Vice President
Who we are looking for:
London Based, Client facing Business Test Manager with 15+ years of experience to define and implement joint test strategies with client and stakeholders across all in scope workstreams for projects.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Business Test Manager you will:
- Define and implement test strategies for onboarding clients into State Street’s front to back Alpha platform.
- Responsible to drive and document scope and approach for Internal user acceptance testing across all workstreams and Joint user acceptance testing with client.
- Act as a Single point of contact for all testing & validation activities for Client, Business Analyst Group, Operational readiness, Business Operations, IT & Configuration teams.
- Project Management - Manage the project plan and team activities, facilitating communication upward to the management team level and across all development units (e.g. business analysis, development, quality assurance) to manage risk and communicate issues
- Leading joint Triage Process during client Test execution Triage Investigation Requests, issue/defect assignments, tracking & follow-ups, provide status reports on various test issues/defects
- Collaborate with business leads and IT leads to define architectural requirements in order to finalize client test platform requirements
- Design & Architect conversion simulation, Test parallel & Production parallel tests.
- Analyze portfolio data requirements for end to end test validations, creating test data strategy for end client reporting
- Test Estimations and Resource Planning- Internal & external which impacts across the program, Business, Operation, Business Analysts, Program Managers, Test (internal & external)
- Analyze and document the business specifications for technical and functional changes, defining the required test design approach within the business specification documents.
- Define and document features and functions, within the business specifications, in support of requested changes
- Define and document current and future state operating models as required
- Provide periodic and ad hoc status reporting to senior management and relevant PMOs
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in implementation of large client onboardings with complex architecture, multiple teams and functionalities.
- Effective organizational, decision making, and communication skills
- Knowledge / Experience of Middle Office Recordkeeping and Transaction processing is essential
- Onboarding services for Middle office - having product knowledge is essential; good understanding in Transaction Management, Recording Keeping, Corporate Actions, OTC derivatives, Performance & analytics, Reconciliation, Reporting, Cash Management, etc
- Balance of Technical /Business & Quality Assurance, excellent presentation skills
- This is a leadership position and will be expected to bring the regional and global teams together to collaborate across current and future deals
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work.
Education & preferred qualifications:
- 10+ years of Experience in the financial services industry or global consulting firm: preferably Middle Office business processing, Investment management, Asset management areas
- Experience in Charles River implementations and test co-ordination with Front office users.
- Domain knowledge and be able to understand the various instrument types like Equities, Bonds, Futures, Options, FX and OTC Derivatives
- Strong user of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Project and effective status reporting
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Software development life cycle experience is a must
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work accordingly
- Exposure to front office applications and functions
- Prior experience in working in integrated front to back applications
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.