Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Managing internal operations
- Delegate tasks and manage employees development
- Review accounting, financial statements, correspondence and deliverables of employees.
- Coordinate with auditors internal and external to meet deadlines and requirements.
- Ensure all internal controls and compliance procedures are properly implemented
- To escalate and discuss issues as required
- Close interaction with a portfolio of clients on a regular basis
- To pro-actively identify/ensure understanding of client’s needs and to coordinate internally to support the client’s requirements
- To provide solutions and/or to coordinate support to resolve client issues
- Manage the process of new business/clients onboarding to State Street.
- Collaborate with peers and other teams within State Street as required and delegate tasks to employees.
- Supervise employees on a daily basis
- Lead by example and support employee development and growth.
- Coordinate performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals on designated staff
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
The AVP interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. A strong foundation with communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must also have the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Proactive – self starters
- Multi –task
- Strong client relationship experience preferred
- Maintain direct client relationships
- Prior staff management experience
- Strong accounting and/or fund administration experience
- Proficiency in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin). English is a must
Academy and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant is preferred
- Working experience in audit/private equity industry/fund administration sectors is preferred
- 8 years+ relevant working experience is required