Harwood Hutton is a growing firm with now almost 70 employees, and we have expanded significantly since we were formed back in 1957. Our size of firm means you get to know everyone and feel part of the Harwood Hutton family, and we are of a size where growth is supported and progression is encouraged, if this is a path you wish to follow.
This role reports to the manager of our Private Client Services team and the successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will deal with tax returns and other compliance issues.
The successful candidate will join our team of driven professionals and will help to service our well-established and ever-strengthening client base.
The key objectives of the job holder are to:
- Prepare tax returns accurately Communicate with clients and answer their queries Communicate with HMRC Complete all work within budget Identify planning opportunities and bring to attention of manager Gain and maintain technical competence
The Tax Senior will work with clients, the manager of Private Client Services and other members of the PCS team; and with other staff and directors.
The major required outcomes are to complete tax returns correctly and to meet client and HMRC deadlines. There is also a requirement to respond to client communications on a timely basis and to manage their own workload and workflow. To achieve this the job holder will have to ensure that all necessary information is available (and recognise when it is not); chase clients for information if needed and work to tight deadlines.
The successful applicant will be numerate, IT-literate, able to work under pressure, results-focussed within a time-limit and budget and have an eye for detail. They will be at least A-level standard, with 3 years’ experience in a Tax department within an accountancy firm. CTA is preferred but not essential, or alternatively qualified by experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel insurance
- AA breakdown cover
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Support Programme
- Six weeks company sick pay
- Our full-time working week is 37.5 hours, and should additional hours need to be worked, they can be banked and taken at a later date through our ‘Time Off In Lieu’ system.
- Core hours between 10am – 4pm and employees can choose their regular start and finish time around those hours (e.g. 8am-4pm with 30 min lunch, or 9am-5.30pm with an hour for lunch)
- Upon agreement and after successful probationary period, we offer a flexible home working policy.
- Dress for your day - smart/casual dress code when not seeing clients
- Employee referral bonus and client referral bonus
- Social and sports activities including summer and Christmas parties, and payday drinks.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.
Apply for Tax Senior
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly