Derivatives COE Middle Office, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for the position of Assistant Vice President within the OTC derivatives middle office team. This is a team management role and will require strong interpersonal skills. For the right candidate this represents a good opportunity to join a dynamic team working in the demanding and ever changing derivatives market.
The OTC middle office team deliver various services to their Clients including but not limited to transaction management, end-to-end trade lifecycle support throughout the transaction process, trade capture, confirmation, notification, settlement, corporate action processing, credit event monitoring, reporting,
documentation management and exception management. Middle office professionals interact with many different operational groups both within State Street and externally with clients, counterparties and industry vendors. The role of the middle office is to perform tasks on behalf of our clients and to process information through SSB systems which can be utilized by the back office and fund administration groups within State Street.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President you will
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Ensure team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines as set out in service level agreements
- Work with risk management & business control groups to identify and proactively resolve recurring client Issues
- Accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering performance planning & reviews on time (PPRs)
- Providing coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Estimate personnel needs, assign work, oversee short term deliverables, coordinate workflows
- Key point of contact for internal/external clients when urgent needs arise
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong management skills and at least 5 years of direct people management experience
- Previous middle office or banking/fund administration operations experience
- Knowledge of, or experience working with OTC derivative products
- Quality & Risk Management - Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organisational risks are managed through embedding effective controls
- Leverage Talent - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce
- Manage Execution - Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to detail
- Highly organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated and reliant
- Uses Initiative
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Financial or Business background
- Knowledge of OTC derivative instruments
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.