Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor, Wales & West
Competitive Salary + Study Support + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As part of your role as a Senior Internal Auditor, you will
- Deliver high quality work and services to clients of the Firm, within the Firm’s standards, budgets and timescales
- Assist managers in delivering services to clients (note this may be as an assignment / project senior)
- Manage a portfolio of clients (where appropriate)
- Develop management skills and support manager.
- Ensure that all work carried out complies with the Firm’s standards and procedures, and that the work is within budget and to the expected timeframes, and that a high quality file is prepared
- Ensure the quality of all work produced (including the review of the work of others in the team) is conducted in accordance with IIA and PSIAS Standards and applied to client work during planning phase and to ensure all requirements are met
- Manage time effectively and prioritize work; know when to communicate potential issues to Assistant Manager / Manager/ Partner (along with solutions)
- Prepare accurate, timely and detailed management reports, letters of representation, fees and correspondence ready for issue to the client
- Prepare for and attend client meetings when asked to do so
- Be able to conduct interviews in Welsh language if required
- Manage WIP levels and recoveries against agreed budgets / targets for own portfolio (where appropriate)
- Seek opportunities to get involved in tendering opportunities through research / drafting sections of tenders / assisting with presentations
- To actively seek new business development opportunities for the firm using market knowledge and event attendance
- Recommend additional services of the firm to the manager / partner that the client would benefit from receiving
"This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new Team and joining our highly experienced Director Internal Audit in creating a best in class Internal Audit Service to serve Wales & the West, as part of our developing national service line. You will be an ambitious, motivated self-starter, a team player, professional in approach, personable with excellent presentational skills, and willing to work hard, to help grow our business and advance your career. We will have fun on our journey. "Skills & experience:
- 33 days annual leave (31 for Students with study package and 38 for Partners) inc. bank holidays
- Birthday Day off
- Lead Incentive Scheme (applicable to up to and including Associate Director level)-We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Private Medical Cover (applicable to Director/Partner level)
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Benefits Portal
- Access to our YuLife wellbeing app – Includes EAP, 24/7 GP access, retail vouchers and discounts, free digital will writing, discounted gym memberships etc.
- Paid sick leave
- Career Coaching
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program - For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities and Study Support
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?Contact us:
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.