Tax and Finance Accountant
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The Tax and Finance Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Prepare and submit VAT returns to a high standard in line with timetable, this includes both UK and overseas VAT returns
- Prepare and submit EC Sales lists
- Ensure all relevant queries are followed up in a timely manner
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard and to deadline
- Prepare annual PSA return
- Prepare and review total tax contributions for direct and indirect taxes
- Assist with the preparation and submission of corporation tax and withholding tax returns
- Complete detailed analysis of general ledger codes for use in the tax returns
- Assist with obtaining certificates of residence from tax authorities
- Prepare draft statutory accounts with clear and concise working files
- Assist with the iXBRL tagging of the statutory accounts
- Assist with posting, reporting and any other work associated with dormant and non-trading entities
- Prepare and review National Statistic returns
- Assist with the review of Assistant Accountants work as required
- Assist with the daily and monthly treasury back office processes
- Assist with monitoring team inboxes and responding on a timely basis including adhoc VAT, financial compliance and withholding tax queries
- Assist with system testing for VAT rule changes and setting up new VAT registrations across the world
- Assist with preparation of information for internal and external stakeholders on an adhoc basis
- Assist with adhoc project work as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Good understanding of all Tax & Financial Accounting processes including best practice in Tax & Financial Accounting, people, processes and technology
- Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
- Good presentation skills
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.