Our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their Accountancy team in Guildford on an initial 12 month basis
Our client, a well known & growing organisation based in Guildford is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their Accountancy team on an initial 12 month basis
Assistant Accountant - Guildford
- Proactively build effective partnerships and maintain strong relationships with the finance and commercial teams
- Proactively build effective partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and managers involved in the project, providing appropriate challenge on financial matters and decision making
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the commercial arrangements and services delivered by consortia partners to ensure that income and expenditure is consistent with commercial terms
- Reconcile bank transactions at month end
- Set-up and maintain accurate reporting systems to monitor project budget v actuals and produce monthly and quarterly reports to senior managers and for the project governance and steering groups
- Reconcile finance data with project managers data in a clear and concise way to non-finance colleagues, offering assistance where required and justification for making changes based on data and insight.
- Progress report weekly to Head of Finance, informing of any issues you have identified and discussed/resolved with partners and managers
- Ensure that procurement of goods and services is in line with the procurement and purchasing policies to ensure best value for money for the project.
- Identify and help mitigate financial risks to the effective delivery of the project including working with senior managers to track the performance of the project and understand the related financial impacts
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all respects with regard to information to which access may be gained.
- To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time by the Head of Finance.
A successful candidate will have experience with the above & be available on short notice.
If this is a role you are looking to progress into, please apply as well.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000
Fully remote working offered or Hybrid
25 days holiday + day off for Xmas + 8 days bank