About the role
Here at Balfour Beatty, our work inspires communities and advances society. Our commitment to sustainability looks even further generations further. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Cost Manager on the PPP Framework @ Sellafield and you'll be part of our legacy.
This role is a hybrid flexible working with occasional visits to site when required
To manage the customer audit requirements as part of the NEC Option E contract;
Manage a team of assistants to maintain robust, and timely cost capture processes, to provide an efficient supply of cost data as part of the project audit requirements.
Liaise with the Project Management, and Commercial teams to ensure costs are being captured accurately across the project portfolio
What you'll be doing
As a/an Cost Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Manage the project audit requirements as part of the NEC Option E contracts.
- Liaise with the customer audit team, to ensure we have achievable and suitable timetables in place to maintain up to date audit reporting.
- Develop processes to ensure we have a robust and accurate cost/data capture across the projects.
- Work closely with various departments within BB, to ensure data capture for cost back-up can be achieved as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible along with the project QS, to ensure that costs are being accurately allocated to projects and task structures.
- As part of the audit reporting, analyse hourly cost rates within application to actual cost rates.
- Assist Commercial Manager and Finance Manager during CVR approval period.
- Support the Commercial QS, to ensure operational and financial targets are achieved.
- Responsible for daily management of assistants to aid with the audit process
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Minimum qualification requirement T.
- Strong knowledge of Finance ERP systems (Oracle R12 preferable).
- Experience in operating at a similar level as part of a large project team.
- Team management and development experience.
- Knowledge of NEC contracts preferable.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.