Technical Coordinator, Data Warehouse Support (Client Valuation Reporting)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
Within Data Warehouse Support team in Business Services, the Technical Coordinator is responsible for data quality and support to clients with Data Warehouse requirements. This can include participation in implementation / on-boarding with Business Services, Global Services, Technology and Client Servicing teams. The role provides day to day support, maintaining close contact with clients and/or internal client teams and acting in a proactive manner.
The role operates under general supervision but works on own most of the time. Has a good understanding of the complete end-to-end processes, business units, products and deliverables. The partner may also serve to support on smaller or less complex projects. Partner must be technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day queries, and serves as a liaison to related areas. The partner must demonstrate strong analytical, consultative and communication skills. As per business need, he/she may train lower-level staff. Partner is expected to also focus on maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures in the function, building towards becoming an area expert.
Skills / Experience
- Technically competent to act as first point of reference of client for day to day queries and also serves as a liaison to related partner areas
- Good self-starting skills with keen attention to detail
- Able to efficiently track queries for timely resolution and ensure all issues are managed through to closure.
- Operates under general supervision but works on own most of the time.
- Perform trend analysis to identify and work with upstream partners such as Business Services, Global Services, Technology, Product etc. to review opportunities for product development or changes to process and controls.
- Able to conduct presentations to clients and Client Servicing teams on projects, analysis and relevant statistics.
- Has a general knowledge of Business Services, Global Services practices and supporting systems backed by good knowledge of related areas such as data sources and work flows.
- Be involved in client implementation, change requests, programmes and testing
- Proactively determines client needs or issues by asking insightful questions and regular client engagement with the objective of developing relationship with clients.
- Strong collaboration skills with client and partner areas especially in large and/complex projects to deliver solutions to the client.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- Good project management skills on smaller or less complex projects
- Works closely with both Singapore and Bangalore teams with the common goal of providing strong support for data as a service to our clients, with a good understanding of the requirements of each client.
- Must have relevant experience in the investment industry in at least one of the following fields (fund accounting, valuation reporting, alternatives, derivatives, financial reporting etc.)
- Strong communication, critical thinking & client servicing skills.
- Fast learner, Tech Savvy has general knowledge on pertinent applications
- Display good project management and strategic thinking skills to provide input into long term strategy of Data Warehousing support team
- Display good presentation skills to clients and client servicing teams
- Can work independently but has strong collaboration skills to identify solutions across areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
- Confident, well-balanced, fast learner, resilient and approachable.
- Problem solver and results oriented.
- Takes initiative to improve areas outside of immediate responsibilities
- Technology bare minimum requirements:
- Eg: Level of Excel skills? Advanced?
- Eg: Preferred VB Macro skills? Basic?
- Eg: Data warehouse experience? Preferred?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.