TP Finance Analyst
About the role:
As the Finance Analyst, you will be dealing directly with the Logistics managers and their teams to ensure costs are correct. You will also work with other Finance colleagues within other teams as well as many other operational departments in the business.
This role as a Finance Analyst provides reporting, analysis and business partnering for our Total Platform logistics operation.
This growing client list now includes the likes of Reiss, Victoria’s Secret and Gap. It is supporting this third party Total Platform operation in which we need your help.
In the wider Finance team at the Elmsall site there are 25 colleagues in total, all supporting the finance and data needs of the operation. Once established in this role we will offer office and home hybrid working.
Ideally we are looking for someone who is great at Excel, with excellent communication skills and who would like to develop within Next!
- Weekly reporting on operational cost performance with comparisons to plan.
- Participate in weekly calls to discuss costs with the operational management team.
- Prepare and complete monthly accounting entries for the Total Platform logistics operation.
- Prepare budgets and monthly forecast updates for Total Platform.
- Provide monthly commentary to the Total Platform team regarding changes to actual and forecast cost performance. Commentary will focus upon the impact of logistics on Total Platform profitability.
- Provide information and commentary to support client billing requirements.
- Involvement in the financial modelling requirements for any potential new Total Platform client.
- Support the wider logistics finance team with general finance requirements which may include amongst other things weekly reporting, balance sheet preparation and investment appraisals.
About you :
- Part of fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Good IT knowledge – Microsoft Excel is imperative and previous SQL experience would be advantageous
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of information
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core business processes
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global! About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.