Manager - Outsourcing - Business Services & Outsourcing - London
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
We’ll help you succeed
You will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, managing a portfolio of clients and supporting Directors and Partners. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives.
- Manage and prepare more complex client assignments, identifying issues and suggesting solutions
- Review regular management accounts for our client base and reporting to clients
- Review VAT returns for clients prepared by junior members of the team
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems which may arise
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis
- Has good, and up to date, technical knowledge so is able teach and mentor staff.
- Reviews work prepared by junior staff and conveys salient points from the work papers discussion with the client.
- Has in-depth knowledge of how finance and accounting functions, supporting technology and tax considerations can differ by industry and business structure; knows what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice.
- Periodically reviews solutions for clients to determine if they are still appropriate for the current state of their business.
- Uses knowledge to analyse the current business processes of a client and identify inefficiencies, improvements to their accounting system and where we can add value.
- Manage a portfolio of clients from a wide range of industries
- Manage budgets for client work and have a thorough understanding of the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates
- Prepare own immediate work schedules and plans/develop daily work plans
- Facilitate effective meetings with clients, using open ended questions to identify the clients target aspirations and objectives
- Collaborate with clients and targets to craft compelling and integrated solutions- connecting our services to their needs, and communicating proposals to clients in a way that is easy to understand and identifies the values the client will be receiving.
- Guide and instruct clients around the regulations of doing business in the UK in a simple but informative way
- Have full awareness of the services offered by other departments in the firm and continually look for cross selling opportunities
- Offer ideas from previous experience or other organisations to help clients identify opportunities or threats
- Arrange bookings for undertaking assignments, ensuring that the right level of technically qualified team members are booked onto each assignment for the appropriate time, whilst keeping in mind their technical and career development
- Actively seeks out ways to improve the profitability of engagements
- Ensures work Is delivered to a project plan/work schedule, seeking to resolve delivery issues as they arise, calculating as appropriate
- Complete review of work in a timely manner and provide constructive feedback to help more junior staff develop
- Keep up to date with all technical and commercial developments
- Works independently and exercises a degree of judgement and adaptability in own decisions and actions
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and research skills
- Self-motivated and is able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Coaches team to deliver results
- Excellent client interacting and relationship building skills
- Knows when to delegate and when to take personal responsibility
- Good team member who can encourage and support others at all levels
- Acknowledges and praises people for their effort and achievements
- Seeks regular feedback on own performance and acts on findings
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Solid accountancy experience required
- Relevant experience, gained in a similar manager role- ideally from practice environment
- Have the ability to advise on and implement financial systems, processes and controls
- Full knowledge of compliance and take on procedures
- Excellent knowledge of business trends in the industry
- Knowledge of the impacts that different client/industries and service offerings have on the technical work and final deliverables
- Up to date technical knowledge, therefore able to teach and mentor staff
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Excellent understanding of ecosystem of cloud accounting software and add-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable)
- WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
- We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.