Financial Control Manager
Financial Control Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Financial Control Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work.
Working in a manager capacity within the Financial Control team to ensure the correct accounting is in place for both Group and Statutory reporting. This involves being the lead on the key reporting cycles, including Month End, External Audit and Statutory accounts. Furthermore, the role acts as deputy to the Financial Controller, requiring the ability to step up when necessary.
- Own and manage the month end cycle for all B&Q entities, whilst implementing improvements to ways of working between our onshore teams in SSO and our Global Business Support function in Poland.
- Conduct monthly Financial Statement & KPI sign off reviews with Finance Director,
- Subject matter expert on technical accounting for all areas of the business, in addition to ensuring statutory accounts are prepared in line with the latest guidance.
- Collaborating with wider finance teams on significant accounting risk areas within the business and using technical expertise to propose approach and solutions.
- Manage the audit process by acting as the primary contact with our auditors to manage requests and deliverables.
- Plan and manage the statutory accounts cycle for B&Q entities as required, including acting as first reviewer.
- Manage a team of two assistant accountants by providing support across the team, managing priorities and supporting their development as part of the apprentice program.
- Undertake key routine tasks, such as managing the weekly sales submission, reviewing balance sheet accounts and ensuring control sign off in accordance with internal frameworks.
- Deputise for Financial Controller when necessary.
Required skills & experience:
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant
- Good understanding of financial accounting standards (IFRS) and experience in technical accounting roles / audit.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Strong team player.
- Flexible and deadline-orientated, able to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- SAP & HFM experience beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.