About the company
DuPont (NYSE: DD) is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, construction, water, healthcare and worker safety.
About DSCI Finance Function:
DuPont Service Center is a global center which offers various services to its group Companies such as Global procurement and accounts payables, Accounts receivables, Accounting and Reporting, Global Intercompany, Inventory, Tax etc. It has been established with a purpose to provide world class services in terms of offering quality services.
Short Job Description
The ART Accountant is responsible for the SARM expense accounting and Manufacturing Overhead accounting for LATAM region in SAP across plants. This position is responsible for the financial integrity and reliability of this data in SAP and GCAP (a reporting tool). The candidate will work in a team with similar ART accountants and shall interact with key contacts such as Legal Entity Controllers, Key finance users, Business analysts, Plant accountants, GL account reconcilers, Inventory team, Credit team, Systems team, Requisition to Pay (RTP) accountants and Sales to Cash (STC) accountants, Intercompany accountants & other support networks. This position will require an in-depth knowledge of the SAP FI/CO/MM modules and GCAP (preferably).
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 4-5 members with good leadership skills and can provide guidance, support to the team and is able to develop / motivate the team.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical skills to perform this role.
- Ability to implement new process with improved controls in place and proactively work with cross functional stakeholders.
- Must possess SAP skills and should be aware of Master data governance (MDG) process such as create / change of master data for cost centers, cost center cycles, CO-PA cycles & related assessment cycles to cater the request from businesses & support functions.
- Ensuring the smooth closure of month / quarter / year end closing process in SAP (e.g., cost center cycle run, plant closing, revaluation / remeasurement, transmission of data, SAP GCAP reconciliations etc.) and reporting tool and has ability to guide and resolve the issues during the closing process.
- Provide, analyze and give comments on MIS reports for key critical activities of month end closing such as FLUX analysis for balance sheet and Income statement, Monthly trend analysis (MTA) etc..
- Ensure financial integrity for Manufacturing Overhead, selling, administration, R&D, management and related P&L cost, and balance sheet data.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of business processes to support SARM Accounting.
- Ensure DuPont SOX controls compliances are being adhered for the month end and non-month end close process.
- Always keen to review and learn the accounting practices, policies and procedures in a periodic manner (Standard operating procedures) and can adapt the changes and improve the process as required.
- Lead from the front and be the face for Business Controllers, Finance analysts, Plant accountants, Corporate accounting, Tax and Treasury with SARM & Manufacturing overhead costing related issues, questions, and inquiries.
- Managing and working with team and customers to ensure delivery of service as per agreed timelines.
- Maintains general ledgers and performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and US GAAP.
- Reviews the account reconciliations as per the framework and should be able to highlight and work with respective stakeholders to ensure all reconciliations are as per the laid-out policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle any new projects and assignments as and when it comes and shall be flexible.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities
- Ensure 100% PLA delivery.
- Ensure the basic process documentation is completed for all the activities.
Skills, Education, Experience Required
- CA(Inter)/ CWA (Inter)/ MBA with 5 – 6 years of experience or CA with 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Must have led a team of 4-5 members directly or indirectly. Demonstrate team leading capabilities.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners/customers
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Advanced knowledge on SAP and reporting tools is preferable.
- Expected to have strong technical understanding of accounting principles and demonstrated competence in their application.
- Ability in guiding with accounting acumen the month end closing process and/or Business Reporting.
- Month End Closings from WD -2 to WD +6 from 06:30 PM to 03:30 AM IST.
- Non-Month End Closings from WD +7 to WD -3 from 03:30 PM to 12:30 AM IST.
Flexible Work Arrangements (Work from Home or Office): Hybrid model (yet to finalize)
Travel: As required during the role.DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.